sábado, 10 de dezembro de 2022

4 years later yet again

Well, well, this thing's still on then, isn't it?

 

I've had SO freaking much happening over the past four years, I wouldn't even know where to begin. 

Actually... that's not entirely true - my work is probably best, yeah?

 

So I'm still a tattoo artist and although I do have a lot to learn still I think I'm pretty good now - a whole of a lot better than I was when I last posted here. I've found that I enjoy minucious work and intricate tiny details in my tattoos... I require of myself incessant growth and unrealistic perfeccionism, I am my worst critic and it's a pain to be me day after day - figuratively and literally because my back and neck always ache. But I have a good many clients nowadays and steady(ish) workflow that pays the bills, challenges and fulfills me greatly.

 

I've got a new dog with my boyfriend, it's a rescue from our street. She's huge - half mutt half fila brasileiro (I'm definitely sure) and I'm completely in love with her... Seriously, I've loved all my dogs in the past, Mili especially, but I've got a bond with Buba like she's my child.

 

I'm still friends with my bff Junior and he took some gorgeous photos of Buba this week, I'll attach at the bottom.

Junior has been going out more lately and we've gotten to spend more time together in person over the last couple of years. That had never been possible before and I'm very glad about that ♥

 

Ian, who was my second guinea pig in tattooing and who became a great friend over the span of 6 months when I began tattoing, committed suicide in 2019. It was a tremendous shock to everyone and I hadn't cried like that in a funeral since my mom's own. It wounded me profoundly. I'm good now, it gets better with time. My boyfriend Victor also knew him and he helped me find some comfort then.

I know that for his parents it hasn't gotten easier though. His brother Klaus is very dear to me and he said his parents have it rough to this day cause they never really accepted that he's gone and they haven't talked about his loss. They just distract themselves and drown their sorrows. That thought makes me sad because there's not much no one can really do for them. Anyway, ... I really loved this friend and I hope we'll meet again one day.

 

I've lived with my boyfriend for about 3 years now, we've been together nearly 4. We laugh a lot together and we work well cooking together too - I know that is an area that can cause conflict sometimes so I chose to say that.

We have our bad moments too cause I'm stubborn AF and he's difficult. I guess if you're into this stuff you can have an idea - I'm an aquarius and he's a virgo. But I know nothing of signs so I'll say this instead: I'm an ISFP/INFP and he's and INTJ. MBTI is more like it (look it up and take the test if you feel like it, it offers real insight into the innerworkings of one's mind). We bicker sometimes like an old married couple (tho we ain't married, no sir), but we have fun when our spirits are up.

We have 2 dogs and a cat. All of them are girls. Jiji is the cat and we adopted her in the beginning of the pandemic, so she's around 2. Joana (Jojo) is his dog from before when we were just friends, she's about 10 yo. And there's Buba who's just turned 1 and is cluelessly coming up on her castration soon, poor baby. Haha xD

 

The pandemic was harder on some people than it was on us. We were lucky enough not to lose anyone in our families or in our close circle of friends, though someone who was once a close friend did pass in the first months of the virus spreading in Brasil.

He was my ex's cousin and we had had many barbecues, camping trips, rock concerts, football matches and laughs together. It hit me hard when he died. His father also passed and he was a very nice man too. I was sorry for their family. It's been reduced from 4 to 2 people by the virus in a matter of months.

I messaged my ex when I heard of his cousin's passing to say that I was sorry, he appreciated it.

He's got a totally different thing going on right now, by the way, since he's had a kid with his girlfriend and has become a father. I know nothing about them really but I caught a glance of their new family while driving by a bar a few days ago and I saw them sitting together. It took me a while to realise it was him staring right into my eyes and I think I did a half eye-roll on reflex. I feel kinda bad, I don't know if he noticed that, but he definitely took note on how I didn't nod in recongnition of him there. He knows the reason I froze for sure so I won't fret about that. This all took place in like 4 seconds then we drove out of view. I hope he's a better man and companion now. And I truly hope he'll be a good father and appreciate it...

 

My dad's great. My brothers too. It was my younger brother's birthday yesterday actually, he turned 32. Jesus. I'm old. 

My niece is 12 now!

Two of my brothers are living in beach cities and I envy that a little bit in a good way. My city is getting some lakes built now so I'll have water close by but it's still not as nice as the beach, hehe.

 

Lula won. Our football team are out of the world cup. I care about one of those things at least.

 

I've started working out again. Sometimes at home, sometimes I walk on the park with the dogs. I do have to pick up the pace though because I've gained 18 kg since in a relationship and the pandemic. It's dire. But I still have hopes.

 

Oh! I almost forgot - I've bought an apartment! Shiiiit, that's something big to leave out, ain't it?

I've taken up installments on it that will go on for about a century xD but at least I know where my money is going. It's not some rental money down the drain or ifood takeouts. It's a brand new two bedroom apt and I've got the keys already. I'll probably rent it out.


I do live in a house with Vic though and it's also owned by his family (as soon as we finish payment on the installments to the bank but that won't be a whole century - more like half of it? just kidding).

It's technically his dad's but since I'm paying for stuff as well it'll be partly mine someday somehow.

I decided to get my own apartment so I wouldn't be out on the streets in case we broke up. Call it insurance in a way.

 

Well. I guess this is it for now. Some of the most important things that happened... I hope it doesn't take me another four years to update this again.

Now for some photos!

 

First about work ♥

These are some of my favourite pieces, but not by far all of them.

I've gotten a lot better but I still have a long way to go. ^^

You can follow my work on Instagram!

 
 Now for my pets and two friends ♥ 

Buba
Jojo
Jiji
Junior and me
Me and Ian

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário